Pattern And Details :-
Combined Defence Service Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year for recruitment to officer cadre of the Army, Navy and Air force.
Candidates qualifying the written test are interviewed by the Service Selection Board and if finally selected, depending upon the choice given by the candidates and their merit list are sent to one of the following institutes for orientation training:
1.Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
2.Naval Academy, Goa
3.Air Force Academy, Begumpet, Hyderabad
4.Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
5.Officers Training Academy, Chennai 18th SSC Women (Non-Technical)
Women candidates are eligible for OTA (Officers Training Academy, Chennai) only
Those joining the first three institutes get the permanent commission. Cadets passing out of Officers Training Academy get short service commission. Applicants are required to mention their preferences while filling up the application forms
- A candidate must either be :
1. A citizen of India, or
2. A subject of Bhutan, or
3. A subject of Nepal, or
4. A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
5. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha
Educational Qualifications :
- For IMA / OTA: A degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
For Naval Academy: Bachelor of Engineering.
For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10 +2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age criteria :
For IMA: 19 years to 24 years.
For Naval Academy: 19 years to 22 years.
For Air Force Academy: 19 years to 23 years.
For Officers Training Academy: 19 years to 25 years
PROCEDURE OF CDS EXAMINATION :
5.All India Merit
Syllabus and Exam Pattern IMA, INA, And AFA :
|Paper||Name of Subject||Duration of Exam||Total Marks|
|Paper I||English||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100 Marks|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100 Marks|
|Paper III||Elementary Mathematics||120 Minutes (2 hours)||100 Marks|
|Paper||Name of subject||Duration of exam||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||General Knowledge||120 minutes (2 hours)||100 marks|
|English||120 minutes (2 hours)||100 marks
Paper 1: English
– Reading Comprehension
– Jumbled Sentence
– Fill in the blanks
– Sentence Correction
– Finding errors and omissions etc
Paper 2: General Knowledge
– Knowledge of current topics
– knowledge of History of India and Geographical issues
– Indian Economy
– Current happening in the field of business, politics, sports, entertainment etc.
– Monuments of India
– Books and Authors name etc.
Paper 3: Elementary Mathematics